Monday, May 11, 2009

Blue Dragon

This one got a bid within an hour of listing. I have done several dragons, but not as representatives of evil. I believe our myths of flying creatures with horns and fire are based on real live dinosaurs. Think, for instance, of the large "flying" lizards that glide through the air on skin flaps resembling wings. Imagine a world before the flood of Noah that was warmer and more conducive to life--the lizards that grow continuously might have reached tremendous size in that age. Now picture yourself standing outdoors--you look up, and zooming over your head is this fantastic animal. You describe it to all your friends, and before long the story grows (as legends do) to include details that are larger than life, but still begun on a grain of truth.

1 comment:

  1. You got me here - I love dragons! I agree with your theory. There is always a grain of truth in every legend.

    ReplyDelete